Theme of 2.5: Social Networking
Clearspace 2.5 enhances the social networking capabilities of Clearspace by enabling people to find,
connect, follow, and interact, and interrelate with others. Here's what's included in these notes:
Existing Feature Improvements
Note: For changes in previous versions, be sure to see earlier versions of this document:
New Features in the 2.5 Series
- Groups - Member-created social communities based on members' areas of interest
- Connections/Friends - Connect with and follow other people's activity in the
- Enhanced People Search - Easily find groups of people in the community based on
similar profile attributes
- Invite a Friend - Add viral capabilities to your sites by offering members a quick
way to invite others to join the community
- Configuration - Site and community admins can configure the look and feel of their
site without the need for customizations
- Basic Configuration - Easily configure your site's color scheme and logo for simple
tailoring of the look and feel
- Advanced Configuration - Download our developer kit, update the included images and
CSS, and upload the the updated package to easily deploy custom themes
- Global Rename - Rename Clearspace features and concepts to meet your specific
vocabulary or nomenclature
- Configurable Registration - Manage the fields that are displayed to new members
when they register.
Enhancements in the 2.5 Series
- RTE Enhancements - An enhanced authoring experience that is consistent with
commonly used tools and eases the use of advanced capabilities through simplified wizards
- Moderation - Consistent approach for moderation and report abuse across all content
- Project Improvements - New project statuses; follow projects to easily see roll-up
reporting; import and export task data to integrate your project with enterprise project management
- Cloud Sharing - Now your cloud participants can view attachments associated with
documents that are being shared
- Blog Permissions - Group blogs now follow the permissions of the community,
project, or group with which they are associated
- New Location Picker - Selecting the location of new content is simplified by an
intelligent picker suggests the places (communities, projects, groups) that you use most often
- Tag Navigation - Narrow your focus when navigating content by progressively
selecting tags that are used together
Here's a list of things to know about this version of Clearspace, including, improvements and fixes since
the previous version, and issues you might find.
Known Issues in 2.5.2
- Upgrading from 2.5.0 to any later 2.5.x can result in content from a moderated space not being hidden before it's approved.
- In some circumstances, users are unable to specify the content type to be displayed by the Recent Content widget.
- LDAP synchronization doesn't always synchronize Active Directory users.
- Images are sometimes not displayed in published content.
- Pages can sometimes be displayed in a locale other than that specified by the user in their browser.
- Revoking blog read permission still allows anonymous users to read the blog.
- When a document with multiple versions has been deleted, then restoried, publishing it will cause a system error.
- Attempting to filter moderation requests by an invalid user name causes a system error.
- Work around: Be sure to filter by valid user names.
- Notifications on blog post comments aren't always sent.
- Unique IDs for users can get out of sync, sometimes making it not possible to find or create new users.
- Changing name or display name for a space/community doesn't check for duplicate name
- Work around: Avoid renaming a space to a name that's used by another space.
- When Create Image permission has been revoked, users can still create blog posts containing images.
- When the database is Oracle, clearing the announcement will clear announcements regardless of their expiration dates.
- When a user has their email address set to be hidden, people connected to them as friends can't send them email using the "send a message" feature between friends.
- If a document has an approver assigned, clearing its versions cache will make it appear that the document was last edited by its creator even if the approver was the document's last editor.
Improvements to Existing Features
- Adds default status levels.
- Shows name in addition to username on the group management screen.
- Improves performance of People page and tag cloud.
- Supports comment moderation.
- [CS-8986] PDF generation succeeds for documents with empty list items.
- [CS-8948] Blog watch notification no longer throws an error.
- [CS-8914] "all people" query succeeds even if a user's username, name, first name, or last name begins with space.
- [CS-8886] MySQL script succeeds with reserved keyword in comment.
- [CS-8808] Unparameterized calls to recent update action no longer display unwanted system objects.
- [CS-8787] getFilterParams() removed from various actions.
- [CS-8778] Tag cloud consistently shows available results in people page.
- [CS-8775] Actions widget is available on the customize homepage page.
- [CS-8772] Friendlier text displayed when a user doesn't have any connections.
- [CS-8768] Move Spaces user interface now includes needed radio buttons.
- [CS-8758] User interface now displays "Friends" and "Connections" correctly.
- [CS-8754] Adding a tag to content in a group now changes popular tags at the /tags URL.
- [CS-8750] Highlighting formatted text now works for quotes.
- [CS-8749] People page filtering now works with i18n characters.
- [CS-8735] Users no longer receive watch notifications for content they are not subscribed to.
- [CS-8711] Adding an empty comment no longer generates an error.
- [CS-8703] Binary document attachments now viewable.
- [CS-8699] Insert image button is enabled for blogs.
- [CS-8679] Discussion threads are archived properly.
- [CS-8672] BMP files can be uploaded with image picker.
- [CS-8659] Editing a document awaiting moderation no longer sets its status to published.
- [CS-8633] "In response to" comment links now have correct URLs for comments on blog posts and documents.
- [CS-8631] Users can now add attachments when creating documents in social groups.
- [CS-8627] Guest users no longer get an error when trying to view a project that requires being logged in.
- [CS-8621] During project creation, description is now correctly marked as required.
- [CS-8617] no longer added for multiple spaces.
- [CS-8600] Freemarker comment no longer displayed when browsing people by department.
- [CS-8592] Insert link, Insert Image, and Insert video work correctly in formatted text widget.
- [CS-8582] Space "Overview" tab is no longer visible to non-administrators.
- [CS-8568] Asking to join a secret group now adds to Your Stuff > Items Awaiting for Approval menu for group admin.
- [CS-8543] User interface displays correctly when conection to service cloud fails during Clearspace setup.
- [CS-8506] Recent activity list now shows correct number of results when users update their profile.
- [CS-8505] Space admins can now modify discussion settings for the space.
- [CS-8465] Popular Discussions widget now shows discussion threads, not messages.
- [CS-8446] When moved, a discussion is now from origin space's recent content.
- [CS-8413] System blogs formerly aggregated in 2.0.x can now be successfully deleted.
- [CS-8151] "Edit poll", "Expire Poll", "Delete Poll" links are now visible only to the author of the poll.
- [CS-8141] Edit and Delete comment links work correctly for guest users.
- [CS-8071] Users can now post to a project blog when the project is in a space that doesn't permit blog posts.
- [CS-8041] Searches for the "admin" user in the admin console now correctly display that user.
- [CS-6886] IE 6 no longer displays popups when hovering over a user's name.
- [CS-6347] Deleting a macro plugin now fully removes the macro.
- [CS-6335] User Picker now always visible
- [CS-6306] Altering a document's versionable field sends it back to moderation.
- [CS-6297] Table properties can be effectively set in the rich text editor.
- [CS-5895] Watch emails are no longer sent from a private group to non-members.
- [CS-5086] When LDAP mappings are used, profile pages have better notes to users about what they can edit.
- [CS-4890] Binary Document images render correctly.
- [CS-1951] Rich text editor now correctly adds links to community content.