Thank you for choosing Jive SBS Employee! Jive SBS is social business software that integrates the most powerful capabilities of collaboration software, community software, and social networking software.
By now you've downloaded and unpacked the Jive SBS RPM distribution. Are you installing for production or for evaluation? If you're installing for production, see the section below for information on how to install the RPM.
For an evaluation installation, you can use the Windows-only installer program. The installer program installs an instance that does not support optional modules. In addition, that instance displays an evaluation message in the UI, and isn't tuned for the kind of performance you'll need to support a community in production.
For a production installation, start with the step-by-step instructions in Installing on Linux or Installing on Solaris. Using that guide (whether you're upgrading or installing fresh), you can install the RPM distribution
If you're installing Jive SBS for evaluation rather than production use, you can use the Windows installer.
Here are a few things you might want to be aware of as you use it:
Jive SBS Employee
C:\Program Files\Jive SBS Employee 3.0
Jive SBS Public
C:\Program Files\Jive SBS Public 3.0
http://<hostname>/, where hostname is the DNS resolvable name of the server where the application was installed. There, you can finish configuring the application with the setup console.
The server will take about a minute to start up the first time. After that, it should only take a few seconds.
Jive SBS comes with guides for installation, administration and info for developers. To read this documentation, view the Jive SBS docs online.
We'd love to hear your feedback. To get started, please visit the Jive SBS feature discussion page on our community site.
By using this software, you agree to the terms of the included evaluation license or the commercial license you agreed to when purchasing the software.
JIVE SOFTWARE IS WILLING TO LICENSE THIS SOFTWARE AND ACCOMPANYING DOCUMENTATION FOR EVALUATION PURPOSES UPON THE CONDITION THAT YOU ACCEPT ALL OF THE TERMS OF THIS EVALUATION LICENSE AGREEMENT. PLEASE READ THESE TERMS CAREFULLY BEFORE INSTALLING OR USING THE SOFTWARE. BY INSTALLING OR USING THE SOFTWARE, YOU ARE CONSENTING TO BE BOUND BY AND ARE BECOMING A PARTY TO THIS AGREEMENT.
1. Software: The licensed Software ("Software") includes any software owned and distributed by Jive Software.
2. Grant of License: Jive Software grants to Evaluator, during the 30-day period (the "Evaluation Period") following the execution of this Agreement (the "Agreement"), the nontransferable, nonexclusive license to use one (1) copy of the Software on one (1) computer for the sole purpose of internal evaluation and testing for suitability for purchase by Evaluator only. Title to the Software shall remain with Jive Software at all times.
3. Exclusions: Evaluator shall not:
a. copy any part of the Software except to make one copy for back-up purposes;
b. reverse compile or reverse assemble any portion of the Software;
c. distribute, disclose, market, rent, lease, or transfer the Software;
d. export the Software;
e. disclose benchmarks or other comparisons of the Software without Jive Software's prior written consent;
f. disclose any confidential information provided by Jive Software;
g. modify the Software;
h. allow others to make or obtain copies of the Software; or
i. use the Software for production purposes. Use of the Software for production purposes constitutes an agreement to purchase the Software at Jive Software's list price in accordance with Jive Software's standard customer license.
4. Support: Jive Software may during the Evaluation Period make available updates, enhancements, and/or modifications to the Software and may provide such updates to Evaluator, but is under no obligation to do so. The provision by Jive Software to Evaluator of such updates, enhancements, and/or modifications to the Software shall be subject to all terms and conditions of this Agreement and shall expire at the end of the Evaluation Period.
5. Specific Disclaimer of Warranty and Limitation of Liability: THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. JIVE SOFTWARE DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. JIVE SOFTWARE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES ASSOCIATED WITH THE SOFTWARE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ORDINARY, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO DAMAGES RELATING TO LOST DATA OR LOST PROFITS, EVEN IF JIVE SOFTWARE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
6. Termination: Evaluator's license to use the Software shall terminate on the earlier of (i) written notice by either Jive Software or Evaluator, or (ii) expiration of the Evaluation Period. Upon termination of the license as provided above, Evaluator shall promptly destroy the Software and any back-up copy of the Software made during the Evaluation Period. Evaluator shall also promptly return all materials provided by Jive Software in connection with the Software.
7. Governing Law: This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of Portland, OR, U.S.A. If either party employs attorneys to enforce any rights arising out of or relating to this Agreement, the prevailing party shall be entitled to recover reasonable attorney's fees. The parties consent to the jurisdiction of the California courts.
8. Assignment: This Agreement is not assignable or transferable by either party.
9. Entire Agreement: This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties concerning Evaluator's use of the Software. This Agreement supersedes any prior verbal understanding between the parties and any Evaluator purchase order or other ordering document, regardless of whether such document is received by Jive Software before or after execution of this Agreement. This Agreement may be amended only in a writing signed by an authorized officer of Jive Software.
Jive SBS 3.0 was brought to you by: