If you are upgrading an existing instance of Jive, we strongly recommend you create a test
environment for the new version before migrating your current database. The following
instructions assume that your application name is "sbs" and you are using a Postgres
- Dump the production database and copy it to your target server.
pg_dump sbs -Fc -O -U postgres > sbs_prod.dmp
- Re-create the target database.
createdb sbs -E UTF-8 -O sbs -U postgres
- Restore the database from production into the target.
pg_restore -d sbs -O -x -i -U sbs < /home/your_name/sbs_prod.dmp
- Log into the database and override all of the email addresses to prevent spamming. We
strongly recommend disabling email so that your Jive test instance does not spam users
update jiveuser set email = username || 'discard@localhost';
- Start the target app server.
- Rebuild the user and main search indexes (
- Update the jiveURL system property (
- Change/disable the Email Monitor (
- Change the Analytics database settings, if applicable.
- Change your SSO settings, if applicable.
- Change your video keys, if applicable.