You can set the authentication method for Jive for SharePoint when you create the
initial connection between Jive and SharePoint in the Admin Console: System > Settings > Jive for SharePoint >
Jive supports communication to the SharePoint server using the following authentication
- For any other type of authentication, Jive requires one of the following alternatives. For
- You need to have one of the supported authentication types (NTLM/Kerberos) enabled as
a fallback in the SharePoint web application as described in this article.
- You need to extend the SharePoint web application with an extended entry point
(different address) that accepts one of the supported authentication types (NTLM /
Kerberos) as described in: Extend a Web application (SharePoint Server 2010).
- The address of the extended entry point should be used when specifying the site
collection URL in the jive administration. For more on this, see Connecting
Jive with SharePoint.
- The extended web application entry should be restricted only to the system account
used by Jive.
- For each extended web app, you should configure a jive property to handle the
redirect when showing the Jive user links to SharePoint. The property name should be
prefixed by sharepoint.redirect.urls. and the value should be
extendedurl=usersurl. for example, name: