Mapping users' Jive
identity to their SharePoint identity allows users to use Jive to view SharePoint content they
have permission to see.
Fastpath: Admin Console: System > Settings > Jive for
SharePoint > Settings
By default, users are mapped by matching the SharePoint email address to the Jive email address. To change
this, you can select Map by SharePoint username under Identity Mapping
and select the Jive field(s)
you want to map to the user name.
Jive users can be mapped to SharePoint users using several options:
- Map by SharePoint email address:
- You can map a SharePoint user's email address to a field in Jive. The default setting is the
user's email in Jive, but you can set this to any field in the Jive's user profile that
uses an alphanumeric string.
Note: You can use a custom field in the user's
profile in Jive for this user mapping.
- Use single Jive profile field (Username):
- Maps a SharePoint user name to a field in Jive. You can use any string field in Jive.
- Use multiple Jive profile fields (Domain\Username):
- This option should be used to map by two fields, one that contains the Domain and one that contains
the username. For example, you could use domain and username/email.