What Can They See?
External contributors can't see everything in the community because they are limited to
the content in their groups and a few other restrictions.
External contributors can see:
- Groups they have joined.
- Content and projects within those groups.
- Other users who are also members of those groups.
External contributors cannot see:
- Spaces or projects besides those in their groups.
- Community Overview page found when you click Home.
- Global or public content, such as status updates, public bookmarks, or public documents
- Apps, but they can see images embedded by apps within their groups.
What's Unavailable to External Contributors?
External contributors see the community pretty much the same way a standard user with the
- Update their status.
- Create public discussions and documents.
- See or use Jive Apps. External contributors can not see or launch Apps or App
- Use Connects Services. External contributors also cannot see Connects Services in their
user's Preferences page.
- See or use the Tools page, so they can't download modules like Outlook, Office and Jive
- Access public external URL bookmarks or social bookmarking. External contributors can
create and view internal bookmarks of Jive content.
- Become group owners.