The User Sync Add-On has a configuration panel where you will set the important sync options
for your users. These settings name and describe the CSV file that you will upload for
processing, and provides configurable options for the users that are created.
- As an administrative user of your Jive instance, click on your avatar at the upper right
hand seide to see the user menu and select "Add-Ons" from the drop down menu.
- Find the User Sync Add-On in the list and click the gear icon next to it to see the
"Settings" option. Select it.
- Click the blue "Configure Now" link.
- The following options tell the Add-On know how to process your CSV files.
- Filename (required)
- Filename that the User Sync Add-On will process from the SFTP
- User lookup method (required)
- The user lookup method is the piece of data
used to find and update users in your Jive system. If the user is not found, it is
created in Jive. The user lookup method looks at the first column of your CSV file and
should be set to a username, email address, or external ID.
- Check "Sync is enabled" (required)
- The sync must be enabled here for the process to
run. If you do not want the process to run, uncheck this box.
- Federate users
- Check Federate users if you would like users to be added or updated as federated
users. Federated users are users that exist in an external system to Jive such as
- CSV column headers present
- Check CSV column headers present if you have the first row of your CSV file set to
column names. If there are no column names and only user data, uncheck this
- Set the custom profile fields (in the order they appear in your CSV file)
- Be sure to check Creating and Uploading a CSV File for the User Sync Add-On for details on how to
format the data.
- Enter any email addresses that need to be alerted to successes and failures of the
sync process on the right hand side.
- See Monitoring Email Reports from the User Sync Add-On